woensdag 17 december 2014

How it all started

Today the story from Bob Nicoll about his Remember The Ice (RTI)adventure and how this simple yet very powerful concept of positive word use was changing the (business) life of Rick.

It all began on July 23, 1991
In a convenience store on Northern Avenue in Phoenix, AZ, the manager had placed a couple of signs above his cash registers. His intention was to encourage his patrons to buy more ice during the hot desert summer. I lived across the street from this store and came to know him. Rick was working one day as I made a purchase. This time I paused and asked him how his ice sales were going. I am intrigued by word choice and the resulting behavioral outcomes.

You see, the signs above the cash registers read:

DON’T FORGET THE ICE

I asked Rick how sales were going. His reply was less than favorable. I paused and asked if I could make a suggestion. I mean, after all, this was Phoenix—in the desert—in the middle of the summer. (110+ degrees in the shade)

“Rick, do you have a couple of pieces of paper and a magic marker?” I inquired. He gave me the items and I quickly made two new signs for him.

REMEMBER THE ICE


I left with a knowing smile and purposely stayed away for about a month.  When I went back to the store, I spoke with Rick about his recent ice sales.  “What did you do?  My sales are up over 500% in the last 30 days!!”

I smiled and asked him a simple question:
“If I say to you: Don’t think of the color blue. What color are you thinking of?”
“Why blue of course” he replied.
“Of course.”
Now if I say “don’t forget the ice”, what will you forget?
“Hmmm… the ice.
“Right.”

Also want a change for the better in your sales? Let me check your emails, PPT's and all other marketing materials like flyers and brochures to make sure they do what they have to do: To convert your potential customer in a happy paying customer! 

OFFER: I will happily check and rewrite one email for free (In Dutch or English) so that you can expirience first hand how it works!

Cornelis de Maijer

+31(0)6-48778101
datgaanwedoen@gmail.com



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten